Dental Health Training
There are eight brief modules in this course:
- Structure and function of the oral cavity
- Tooth eruption
- Diseases and condition of the oral cavity
- Oral health promotion and prevention
- Fluoride, pits and fissure sealants
- Oral health and systemic diseases, oral health and smoking
- Oral health in pregnancy, children, older adults and special populations
- Oral health services and resources in Iowa
Each module has specific objectives and a brief assessment. The assessments will provide you with an opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills presented in each module. Those completing each module and assessment successfully (average scores 75% or above) will earn a certificate of competence in basic oral health knowledge.
The intended audience for this course is community health workers and other front-line workers that have client or patient-facing roles.
Provided within each module
This training provides overview information necessary to acquire basic knowledge of oral health within the general and specific populations; the systemic connection to overall health; prevention and available safety net services and resources in Iowa.
Approximately 1.5 hours
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts
Dr. Olayinka Adekugbe
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Speakers or headphones
Register a free account
Creation and/or update